Wednesday 16 December 2015

Emulation: Stig Lindburg

I printed out some photos of well known buildings in New York. I then cut them out and arranged them on paper.



I scanned the page into Photoshop and used Threshold so that the image was in black and white. I then used the Magic Wand Tool to get rid of the white and I created a white rectangle to place behind the existing layer.












I then changed the opacity of the buildings so that I could still see a faint outline to paint over. I used bright bold colours like Stig Lindburg and painted in the base colours with the Brush Tool.























After that, I filled in the detail such as windows and shadows with contrasting bright colours that were taken from my Lindburg copy.













































Here is the finished emulation:


No comments:

Post a Comment