Friday 29 January 2016

Book Cover: Back + Spine

Here is the final full book cover: 

For the back cover, I started by importing the drawing of the bear and the suitcase into Photoshop. I positioned them at the bottom of the page and tweaked the saturation and levels to make the colour richer. I then added a blurb and a header above the illustrations. I coloured them in blue to match the suitcase and chose a handwritten font to link with the rest of the text on the cover. Finally, I added a barcode in the bottom left corner as not to draw too much attention away from the main information on the page.


On the spine, I added the the title of the book and two illustrations that I copied off the front cover.





I then added the author's name after the title and the publisher's logo at the bottom. I changed the size of the author's name so that it was smaller than the title so that the reader's eye is drawn to the title first.

No comments:

Post a Comment